SIGNAL ROCK GLENCOE
Self Catering and BnB Accommodation in The Heart of The Glen
Signal Rock Glencoe has been built in the heart of one of the most famous of the Scottish Glens. As business owners, we are aware that it is our duty to ensure that we retain this wonderful spot for future generations to enjoy just the way it stands today. We have therefore undertaken to implement to following measures:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle the waste generated by us
- To use a high degree of insulation throughout our buildings
- All the Cottages are well draught proofed and insulated
- Only recycled paper is use for stationary and toilet paper
- We supply all the Cottages with Eco friendly cleaning materials
- Low energy light bulbs and light dimmers are used where possible
- We have a no-smoking policy
- The birds love our many bird feeders and the shrubs planted have been chosen for the abundance of berries produced.
- We have a yearly tree-planting program
- Much of the surrounding natural woodland has been left untouched throughout the 75 years that the Sutherland family have owned this magic spot and this “hands off” management has resulted in the flourishing of insects, birds and wild animals
- Fishing in the Torren Loch and our 1 mile stretch of the river is on a “put back” basis and fly only
- We are extremely proud of our Green Tourism credentials, and of course our attitude to the environment. ( See the Green Tourism website)
We tell our guests about the area and all that there is to do here, and encourage them to sample the wonderful local food available. We seek, by implementing the above, to reduce the impact of Signal Rock Glencoe on our landscape while affording a happy experience for our guests so that they want return to Scotland.